DigiLocker Software App: Under the Digital India initiative, the Government of India launched online service DigiLocker Software by Ministry & IT (Meity). Every Aadhar Cardholder has DigiLocker account to access government authenticated documents such as driving license, vehicle registration, academic mark sheets in digital format. DigiLocker Software has 1 GB storage space for each account to upload scanned copies of documents.
DigiLocker a Document Wallet
DigiLocker, a national Digital Locker System has been launched by the Government of India, Digital India Portal. DigiLocker is a part of the Digital India Program, Digital India Portal. Digital India Program/Initiative launched by prime minister Narendra Modi. A person needs to have an Aadhar number to use a digital locker facility.
DigiLocker used for:
DigiLocker, A Digital India Portal is used in
- Share e-documents online
- Ensure Authenticity of the e-documents
- Enable e-Signing of documents
- Dedicated personal storage space (10MB)
- Upload document support only from desktop due to security
- Download Aadhar from DigiLocker portal
- Anywhere and anytime access to the documents.
DigiLocker is India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society. Digital locker is a platform for verification and issuance of documents and certificates in a digital way. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance and eliminating the use of physical documents.
DigiLocker for Android
DigiLocker is a free software application from the PIMS & calendars subcategory, part of the Business category. It comes under Digital India Portal. This app will be installed on Android and a simple and secure document wallet has a file size of 61.87 MB.
Official Website for Digital India Portal
Digital Locker used to store e-documents as well as a uniform resource identifier (URI) link of documents issued by departments.
DigiLocker, Digital India Portal has the following sections and subsections:
- My Certificates
- Digital Documents: contains the URLs of the documents to the user by the government department.
- Uploaded Documents: list all the documents which are uploaded by the user. The uploaded file should not be more than 10 MB and the format of the file should be PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and GIF.
- My Profile: Displays profile of User
- My Issuer: Displays the issuers’ names and the number of documents issued to the user by the issuer.
- My Requester: Displays the Requester’s names and the number of documents requested from the user by the Requesters.
- Directories: Displays a list of registered issuers and requesters along with URLs.
Benefits of DigiLocker Mobile App (Digital India Portal)
- No Photocopies and Scans: DigiLocker is an application that helps Indian citizens to fill all kinds of applications and submitted along with their e-signature to validate their documents.
- Self-attested photographs, forms, documents shared safely by the DigiLocker application.
- Filling online forms with e-Signature, using the Mobile OTP or Biometric device. The digital signature electronically transferred to an online document.
- The DigiLocker app allows clouding storage of all valuable documents. This means you need to worry to carry your original documents physically.
How to Access DigiLocker Mobile Application, a Digital India Portal?
DigiLocker app, a Digital India Portal can be downloaded from the Android Google Play Store. This application will allow storing e-documents register with your valid and active mobile number. DigiLocker provides the facility to connect with various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and YouTube. You can also provide a rating and leave comments, feedback, and suggestion to support this app.
Through the DigiLocker app, you can upload your documents such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Passport, Ration card, Voter card, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Water bill, Degree certificates, Category Certificate like OBC/SC/ST Certificate, Driving License and various.
In 2016, DigiLocker recorded 20.20 lakh users with a repository of 24.13 lakh documents. The government had urged all municipal bodies to use DigiLocker to make work paperless. From 2017 the government allows students of the ICSE board to store class X and XII certificates in DigiLocker(Digital India Portal).
In the 2017 Banking sector, Kotak Mahindra Bank also using DigiLocker Facility and providing access to documents in DigiLocker. Over 200 Hospitals including Tata Memorial Hospital were planning to use the DigiLocker app, Digital India Portal for storing medical and Test Reports.
CBSE 10th and 12th Results 2020: Get Mark sheet on DigiLocker
CBSE informed that the results of both CBSE Class 10th and CBSE Class 12th declared by 15/July/2020. Although no final official date released for the board results.
The Central Board of Secondary Education 2020 released CBSE results in July and students receive their mark sheet digitally using the app DigiLocker and UMANG Application.
How to get Mark sheet using DigiLocker?
- CBSE will provide academic documents digitally like mark sheets, migration certificate, pass certificate through their academic repository Parinam Manjusha, which is integrated with DigiLocker.
- To access the account students receive the information via SMS on their registered valid and active mobile number.
- DigiLocker linked with both Aadhar number and mobile number.
- DigiLocker is a cloud-based flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Digital India Program.
Students can also download their Mark Sheet from UMANG Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance into their smartphones. UMANG is an e-governance platform and compatible with operating systems like android, iOS, Windows-based smartphones. It also provides information about all government schemes.
FAQ: DigiLocker Mobile Application
What are the uses of DigiLocker App?
Some uses of the DigiLocker App are as follows:
Share e-documents online
Ensure Authenticity of the e-documents
Enable e-Signing of documents
Dedicated personal storage space (10MB)
Upload document support only from desktop due to security
Download Aadhar from the DigiLocker portal
Anywhere and anytime access to the documents.
What is the Official Website of DigiLocker App?
The Official Website of DigiLocker App is: https://digitallocker.gov.in/.
How to get the CBSE Board Result Mark sheet using DigiLocker App?
CBSE will provide academic documents digitally like mark sheets, migration certificate, pass certificate through their academic repository Parinam Manjusha, which is integrated with DigiLocker.
Follow these steps to Get the CBSE Board Result Mark sheet using DigiLocker App:
(1) To access the account students receive the information via SMS on their registered valid and active mobile number.
(2) DigiLocker will be linked with both Aadhar numbers and mobile numbers.
(3) DigiLocker is a cloud-based flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Digital India Program.
Bookmark (CTRL+D) our website www.jobssearch247.com and suggest your feedback in the Comment box as well as subscribe to our channel to get all the latest updates in your Inbox.