CDS Exam Date 2020 : Union Public Service Commission UPSC released the recruitment notification for Combined Defence Services Exam II 2020. The Union Public Service Commission UPSC is the responsible body for conducting the CDS Exams 2020. Combined Defence Services is conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of commissioned officers in the Indian Army, Navy, & Air Force.
CDS Full form: The CDS Full form is: Combined Defense Service
In this article, candidates will get complete details about UPSC CDS recruitment 2020, Application Dates, Application fees, CDS Eligibility Criteria, Total number of vacancies, CDS Full form, CDS Exam Date 2020, Important Links, CDS Admit Card 2020, UPSC Admit Card 2020, etc. For the queries or any doubt regarding CDS, you can comment on us via the comment form given below.
Latest Updates- UPSC Combined Defence Services (II) 2020 Exam Date 08/November/2020
- 1 What is CDS I & CDS II Exam?
- 2 CDS (I) & CDS (II) Academics
- 3 UPSC CDS 2020 Notification Details
- 4 UPSC Admit Card 2020 – CDS (II) 2020 Admit Card Download
- 5 CDS Exam Date 2020
- 6 CDS Vacancy Details 2020
- 7 CDS II Recruitment 2020 Application Fee
- 8 Educational Qualification for CDS Exam 2020
- 9 CDS Age Limit
- 10 How to apply UPSC CDS 2020
- 11 UPSC CDS 2020 Selection Process
- 12 SSB Interview
- 13 Final Selection for Combined Defence Service CDS 2020
- 14 UPSC CDS 2020 frequently asked questions
- 14.1 In how many languages the application will be available?
- 14.2 When did the UPSC CDS II 2020-21 Notification release?
- 14.3 How many vacancies have been released in CDS II Notification 2020?
- 14.4 What is the last date to apply online for Combined Defence Service Exam CDS II 2020?
- 14.5 What is the procedure of the CDS application payment of a fee?
What is CDS I & CDS II Exam?
The CDS full form is combined defense service exam, which is conducted twice a year by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates in Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, and Indian Navy Academy & Indian Air Force. CDS exam conduct twice a year in February and September. Candidates who want to join defense services can apply & to apply candidates should meet the eligibility criteria. The selection of the applicant in the CDS exam will be based on a written exam & Interview.
CDS (I) & CDS (II) Academics
The shortlisted candidates will be placed at respective academics –
|Indian Military Academy||Dehradun|
|Indian Naval Academy||Ezhimala|
|Indian Air Force Academy||Hyderabad|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Men)||Chennai|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women)||Chennai|
UPSC CDS 2020 Notification Details
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Service Exam CDS|
|Organizing Body||Union Public Service Exam|
|Application Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Procedure||Written Exam & Interview|
UPSC Admit Card 2020 – CDS (II) 2020 Admit Card Download
|Name of Exam||UPSC Combined Defence Services (II) 2020|
|UPSC CDS(II) Exam Date||November 08, 2020|
|CDS II Admit Card Download||server I | server II|
CDS Exam Date 2020
The CDS Exam Date 2020 for CDS I 2020 & CDS II 2020 are given below:
CDS Exam Date(for CDS I 2020)
The CDS Exam Date 2020 for CDS I 2020 are given below:
|Notification Date||October 2019|
|Last date to apply||November 2019|
|CDS (I) Exam Date||February 2020|
|Result date||March 2020|
CDS Exam Date(for CDS II 2020)
The CDS Exam Date 2020 for CDS II 2020 are given below:
|Last date to apply||25/August/2020|
|Fee Payment last date||25/August/2020|
|Online application withdraw date||01 to 07/September/2020|
|CDS II Exam Date||08/November/2020|
|Result date||December 2020|
CDS Vacancy Details 2020
The CDS Vacancy Details 2020 are as follows:
|Indian Military Academy||100|
|Indian Naval Academy||26|
|Indian Air Force Academy||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Men)||169|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women)||17|
CDS II Recruitment 2020 Application Fee
The CDS II Recruitment 2020 Application Fee details are:
|Category||IBPS PO Application Fee|
|For Others||Rs. 200/-|
|Payment Mode||Either by depositing money in SBI Branch by cash or by using Net banking facility of SBI|
Educational Qualification for CDS Exam 2020
The Educational Qualification for CDS Exam 2020 are as follows:
|Academy Name||Education Qualification|
|Indian Military Academy||Graduation Degree|
|Indian Naval Academy||Degree in Engineering|
|Indian Air Force Academy||Degree in Engineering or Graduation Degree with Physics & Mathematics at intermediate|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Men)||Graduation Degree|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women)||Graduation Degree|
CDS Age Limit
The CDS Age Limit for CDS Exam 2020 are as follows:
|Minimum Age||20 Years|
|Maximum Age||24 Years|
- Candidate should not have been born before 02/July/1997 and later than 01/July/2001.
- Refers to the official notification for information regarding CDS Age Limit, age relaxation criteria.
How to apply UPSC CDS 2020
Candidates can apply for the UPSC CDS 2020 between 05/August/2020 to 25/August/2020. Candidates can apply for the CDS form in 2 stages. Follow the steps to fill the application form of UPSC Combined Defence Service Registration-
Part I – UPSC CDS 2020 Registration
- Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission UPSC.
- Click on the link – Part I CDS Exam
- Enter the details carefully. Ensure that all the details should be correct.
- Choose the proffered branches.
- The registration ID will be generated.
Part II– UPSC CDS (2) application form 2020
- Fee payment
- Selection of exam centers
- Uploading photograph, signature, photo identity proof, and all relevant documents.
- The size of images should not exceed 300 kb and must not be less than 20 kb.
- Documents required to fill the form – Mark sheet of class 10 & 12, Admit card of class 10, photo identity proof, bank details
- Sign the declaration
UPSC CDS 2020 Selection Process
The CDS 2020 Selection Process are as follows:
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
CDS II IMA, INA, and Air force have written exam –
- 3 Sections – English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics
- Total Marks – 300 Marks
CDS Officers’ Training Academy written exam –
- 2 Sections – English, General Knowledge
- Total Marks – 200 Marks
There are 2 stages for SSB CDS interview-
- Psychological Aptitude Test
- Intelligence Test
Final Selection for Combined Defence Service CDS 2020
The final selection of the candidate based is done based on written examination and interview. Selected candidates will have to undergo training at Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, and Indian Navy Academy & Indian Air Force.
UPSC CDS 2020 frequently asked questions
In how many languages the application will be available?
The application form is available in English and Hindi language.
When did the UPSC CDS II 2020-21 Notification release?
UPSC CDS II 2020-21 Notification 2020 released on 05/August/2020.
How many vacancies have been released in CDS II Notification 2020?
CDS II released 344 vacancies
What is the last date to apply online for Combined Defence Service Exam CDS II 2020?
What is the procedure of the CDS application payment of a fee?
Payment by cash in any branch of SBI, Pay by Debit/ credit card, Pay by NET banking facility of State Bank of India.
You can subscribe to our website www.jobssearch247.com and bookmark our page using (Ctrl+D). By subscribing to our page, we assure you that none of the job alerts will get missed out.
I hope this detailed Information regarding Government Jobs 2020, SSB Recruitment 2020, UPSC Notification 2020, cds online form, cds exam date 2020, helps you achieve your aim. For any query related to the exams, drop a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.