UPSC IFS-Forest Exam 2020-21: UPSC (Union public service commission) has released a notification for the recruitment of 90 posts through the Indian Forest Service Exam 2020. The UPSC Exam conducing body has released new exam dates for UPSC IFS-Forest Exam. Check Exam dates below.
The UPSC Indian forest service IFS-Forest Exam Prelims Exam date is:
|Preliminary Exam||Sun, 4 Oct, 2020|
The UPSC Indian forest service IFS-Forest Exam Mains Exam date is
|Main Exam||Sun, 28 Feb, 2021|
Candidates applying for the Indian Forest Service exam should note that they are required to appear in the civil services (Preliminary) exam and qualify the same for going to the second stage of the Indian Forest Service(Main) exam.
Candidates who want to apply for IFS Exam as well as for the civil services exam can apply through a common online application form.
The UPSC has released the tentative dates for Indian forest service IFS Prelims & Main 2020 examination. The UPSC IFS Preliminary Exam 2020 will take place on Sun, 4 Oct 2020. Whereas the IFS Main exam will be held on Sun, 28 Feb 2021.
It is a 3-step Recruitment Process
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
IFS Prelims Exam consists of Objective-type papers. Also known as CSAT(Common Service Aptitude Test). Mains Exam is followed by an Interview. Only those Candidates who qualify the mains exam will be called for Personality Test.
- 1 UPSC Indian forest service IFS-Forest Exam 2020
- 2 UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Dates 2020
- 3 Indian forest service exam Eligibility Criteria
- 4 UPSC IFS-Forest Exam 2020 Exam Pattern and UPSC IFS Syllabus
- 5 Mains Exam Pattern: UPSC IFS Syllabus
- 6 UPSC IFS Forest Service Syllabus 2020-21:
- 7 EXAM Centers 2020
- 8 Roles of an IFS Officer
- 9 Interview Details
- 10 UPSC IFS-Forest Exam Application form Details
- 11 UPSC IFS 2020 Admit card Details
- 12 How to Download IFS 2020 Admit card?
- 13 UPSC IFS-Forest Exam 2020 Admit Card
UPSC Indian forest service IFS-Forest Exam 2020
|Name||UPSC IFS Exam 2020|
|Developer/administrator||Union Public Service Commission|
|Knowledge/skills tested||Writing, English, General knowledge, others|
|Purpose of UPSC||Selection of candidates to the various posts of Civil Services of India|
|Duration|| 2 hours/paper (Prelims) |
3 hours/paper (Mains)
|Offered||Once a year|
|Restrictions on attempts|| 6 (General) |
No limits for SC & ST candidates
|Countries / regions||India|
|Languages||Question paper is in or English.|
|The annual number of test-takers||About 1 million students applied for the Preliminary examination in 2019.|
|Fee||₹ 100/- (for general male candidates).|
|Scores/grades used by||Union Public Service Commission for the selection of the students to the various Civil Services of India|
|Qualification rate||approximately 0.1 %|
On average the number of candidates applying each year for the UPSC Indian forest service Exam is more than 10 lakhs. The number of candidates sitting in the prelims exam is 5,50000 (approx).
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Dates 2020
Candidates can check below for UPSC 2020-21 Exam Dates:
|IFS 2020 Exam Notification||12-02-2020||The UPSC has issued the Civil Services (IFS) Exam 2020 Notification for 90 vacancies|
|Last date to apply for IFS 2020 Exam||3-03-2020||The IFS 2020 online application will be accepted until this date.|
|IFS 2020 Prelims Exam||Sun, 4 Oct, 2020||IFS 2020 Prelims Exam will be conducted in offline mode across the nation.|
|IFS 2020 Prelims Result||To be announced||The IFS Prelims Exam 2020 result will be announced by UPSC.|
|IFS 2020 Main Exam||Sun, 28 Feb, 2021||The IFS 2020 Main Exam will be conducted by UPSC|
Indian forest service exam Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for the Indian forest service exam are as follows
Nationality: UPSC IFS-Forest Exam
For IAS and the IPS, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
For other services, the candidate must be one of the citizens of the mention below.
- A citizen of India.
- A citizen of Nepal/ or a subject of Bhutan.
- A Tibetan Refugee settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam.
Educational Qualifications: IFS EXAM
All candidates must have one of the following educational qualifications.
- Degree from a Central, State or a Deemed university/Institute.
- OR Degree received through correspondence/distance education.
- OR Degree from an open university.
- A qualification recognized by the GOI as being equivalent to one of the above.
The following candidates are also eligible but must submit proof of their eligibility at the time of the main exam.
- Candidates who passed the final exam of the MBBS degree but have not yet completed an internship.
- Candidates who passed the final exam of ICAI, ICSI, ICWAI.
- Degree from any foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
Age criteria: UPSC IFS-Forest Exam
For General category candidates
- Minimum age 21 years
- Maximum age 32 years.
AGE RELAXATION: UPSC IFS-Forest Exam
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|Defense Services Personnel||3 Years|
| Ex-servicemen including |
|No age relaxation is given to the Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.|
UPSC IFS-Forest Exam 2020 Exam Pattern and UPSC IFS Syllabus
It is a 3-step Recruitment Process
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
Prelims Exam consists of 2 Objective-type papers
- General Studies Paper 1
- General Studies Paper 2
Also known as CSAT(Common Service Aptitude Test).
The Paper -2 of the prelims exam will be qualifying in nature, it will not be counted for eligibility in Mains Examination.
Those who qualify the Prelims become eligible for the Main Exam.
Mains Exam is followed by an Interview. Only those Candidates who qualify mains exam will be called for Personality Test or Interview.
Mains Exam Pattern: UPSC IFS Syllabus
Optional Subjects for UPSC IFS-Forest Exam (IFS)
After Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, the candidates will be called for the main examination, which will be about 12 to 13 times the total number of vacancies.
For the Main Examination of UPSC, the UPSC IFS Syllabus is given below, candidates are required to select 2 optional subjects.
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
UPSC IFS Forest Service Syllabus 2020-21:
Aspirants have to note that the following combination of optional subjects will not be allowed in the UPSC IFS Mains Exam:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Veterinary Science Agriculture and Forestry Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject
EXAM Centers 2020
UPSC IFS exam centers 2020 are notified in the IFS notification. IFS Prelims exam is conducted in more than 72 cities across India.
The IFS Mains exam is conducted in 24 cities across India.
IFS Preliminary Exam Centres
|Ghaziabad||Gautam Buddh Nagar||Agra|
IFS Mains Exam Centres
The IFS Main Exam Centres are given below:
Note: Candidates are advised to apply early so that they can get an exam center of their choice. The official notifications inform that allotment of centers (for both Preliminary and Mains) will be on a first-apply first allot basis. Once the capacity of a particular center is filled, the same will be frozen and applicants will have to choose a center from the remaining options.
Roles of an IFS Officer
So, the work of an IFS (Indian Foreign Service) officer is quite different than other class-A civil servants working in India.
- The primary work of an IFS officer is to look after Indian Interest in the host country and to look after Indian citizens living abroad.
2. While working at Indian Mission aboard, an IFS officers issue tourist/student/long term visas.
3. They also work for improving the image of India abroad.
4. They also promote government schemes such as make in India, Skill India, Digital India, Incredible India! (an initiative to promote Tourism).
5. In case of an emergency in a host country, the embassy staff ensures the safety of all Indian residents living there. And they make sure they(Indian citizens) are evacuated to India if needed. One of the examples of this is Operation Rahat.
Candidates are advised to prepare their academic subjects well and also the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own state or country.
The interview standards are very very high and require thorough preparation as well as commitment.
UPSC IFS-Forest Exam Application form Details
The application will be filled in online mode.
How to fill Application Form for IFS 2020?
Below are the steps to apply online for IFS Exam 2020.
- Visit official website @ upsconline.nic.in
- Click on “Apply Online ”Link.
- Click on Online Application for various Examinations.
- Read all the instructions carefully.
- Fill the Application form by filling your basic details.
- Upload your scan photo and signature.
- Once the application form is filled, candidates also need to pay the Civil Services exam application fee in online or offline mode.
Application Fee: UPSC IFS
|Category||Preliminary Exam Fee||Mains Exam Fee|
|General/ EWS/OBC||Rs 100||Rs 200|
|Females/ SC/ ST/ Pwd||No||N0|
UPSC IFS 2020 Admit card Details
Candidates can download their IFS admit card from the official website three weeks before the commencement of the exam.
Admit cards will not be sent to any candidates by post. Also, candidates who fail to carry admit card on the day of the exam will not be allowed to take the exam.
How to Download IFS 2020 Admit card?
To download the Admit Card for IFS Prelims 2020, you can follow the following steps.
1: Visit the official website.
2: Select exam name i.e IFS 2020
3: Enter the registration number and password.
4: Click the Submit button.
5: Download and print the admit card.
Admit Card, and one original ID proof is mandatory in order to enter the exam center.
ID proof may be one of the following:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Card
- Driving License
- Pan Card
UPSC IFS-Forest Exam 2020 Admit Card
Only those Candidates who qualify the IFS Prelims exam can download the IFS mains exam hall ticket/admit card.
Aspirants, who want IAS Exam 2020-2021 details, IES Recruitment 2020 details, IFS Recruitment 2020-21 vacancies details, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, Latest vacancies and for latest updates e Bookmark our website www.jobssearch247.com. The update on Cut off marks, results will be available soon on our website.
Get Free study material for exams. Get the latest jobs, Govt Jobs, Bank jobs latest updates with us. Also, check the latest and upcoming exams Admit card and Results with us. Candidates can share their inquiries. Our experts will solve your queries as soon as possible.
All The Very Best and Stay tuned for Upcoming Updates!!
Last Updated: July 7,2020 12:00:28 AM