WB Post Office GDS Result 2020: Post Office Result for the most-awaited WB Postal Circle GDS Result 2020 is releasing soon. The department of the post has invited 2000+ eligible candidates for the Dak Sevak posts in the month of Feb/March. WB Post Office GDS Result 2020 will be announced anytime as the organization is in the process of selecting candidates on the basis of their 10th class marks. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks in 10th class. No written test and Interview is conducted for the post. Visit this page regularly for any information related to WB Post Office GDS Result 2020. We will update this page if any updates came regarding the Result.
- 1 W.B GDS Important Dates 2020
- 2 Job Profile for West Bengal post office recruitment 2020
- 3 WB Post Office GDS Vacancy Details
- 4 West Bengal GDS Fee Payment
- 5 Time Related Continuity Allowance(TRCA)
- 6 Selection Process of WB Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020
- 7 Application Process for WB Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020
- 8 Promotion chances after finally Selected as GDS
W.B GDS Important Dates 2020
|Opening Date of Application||18/02/2020|
|Closing Date of Application||18/03/2020|
|Job Category||Central Govt. Job|
|Recruitment Process||Merit-Based (No Written test & Interview)|
|Official Website||www.westbengalpost.gov.in www.indiapost.gov.in|
|Fee Payment Mode||Online or Offline|
Job Profile for West Bengal post office recruitment 2020
Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- The job profile of Branch Post Master will include
- Managing affairs of GDS Branch Post Office, India Posts Payments Bank (IPPB).
- To ensure uninterrupted counter operation during the prescribed working hours using the handheld devices provided by the department.
- Branch Post Master is the team leader of the GDS post office. Overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of post office including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- The overall management of postal facilities, maintenance of records, upkeep of handheld devices, ensuring online transactions, marketing of postal etc.
Assistant Branch Postmaster
- The job profile of Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM) includes functions of sale of stamps /stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, etc.
- He will also be required to do marketing, organizing meals, business procurement and any other work assign by the branch postmaster, etc.
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
- The job profile of Dak Sevak will include all the functions of viz. sale of stamps, and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned y postmaster/sub-postmaster
WB Post Office GDS Vacancy Details
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||408|
|Schedules Caste (SC)||429|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||94|
|Economically Weaker section(EWS)||144|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) –‘A’||17|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) –‘B’||19|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) –‘C’||19|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) –‘DE’||09|
Age Criteria for West Bengal Post office recruitment 2020
The minimum and maximum of age to apply for post office recruitment 2020 west Bengal GDS posts are given.
Permissible relaxation for different categories under department of post office recruitment are as under:
|Category||Age Limit (as on 18/02/2020)||Relaxation (Upper age limit)|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||18-43 years||03 years|
|Schedules Caste (SC)||18-45 years||05 years|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||18-45 years||05 years|
|Economically Weaker section(EWS)||18-40 years||—|
|Person with disabilities (PwD)||18-50 years||10 years|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) +OBC||18-53 years||13 years|
|Person with disabilities (PwD) +SC/St||18-55 years||15 years|
Education Qualification for WB Post Office GDS Jobs
The west Bengal post office recruitment educational qualification are as follows
- Secondary School Examination pass Certificate of 10th standard by Govt. of India recognized Board/Institute.
- Mathematics and English having been studied as a compulsory or optional subject.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language (Official Language) at least up to 10th standard as declared by the state Govt.
- Basic Computer Knowledge: Basic computer Training Coarse certificate at least 60 days from Computer Training Institute under the authorization of the government.
|State||Official language (Local language)|
|West Bengal (Excluding Darjeeling Postal Division)||Bengali|
|Darjeeling Postal Division (Other than GTA Area)||Nepali / Bengali|
|Post Offices under GTA Area (Gorkha Territorial Administration)||Nepali|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||Hindi /English|
|Sikkim||Nepali / English|
- Knowledge of cycle: Knowledge of cycle is a per-requisite condition for all GDS posts.
- The candidate selected as (GDS) shall not engage in any activity with the outside agency which should be detrimental to the business of the Post office.
- No person holding any elective office will be considered for engagement for selection.
- Past experience or service of any kind not considered for the selection.
- SC/ST/OBC/(EWS)/Disability certificate in the prescribed format would be compulsory.
West Bengal GDS Fee Payment
|Unreserved (UR) /OBC/EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|Female candidates||Fee Exempted|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Fee Exempted|
- The candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other Post Offices in India.
- Names of the Offices are available on the website
- The application can also pay the fee through online mode of payment using the URL provided in the Home Page. All recognized Debit cards/ Credit cards and net banking facilities can be available for fee payment.
- For making the payment of fee Applicant should refer the Registration Number in all cases.
Time Related Continuity Allowance(TRCA)
|Category||Minimum TRCA for 4 hours /level 1 in TRCA slab||Minimum TRCA for 5 hours /level 2 in TRCA slab|
|Branch Post Master||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 14,000/-|
|Assistant Branch Postmaster||Rs.10,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Gramin Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-|
Selection Process of WB Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020
- The candidates will be selected as per merit list.
- Marks obtained in the 10th standard of approval boards aggregate to percentage will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Passing of all the subjects as per the approved board is mandatory.
- Candidate having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only.
- In the case of marks list containing the Grades/Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks,
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of 20 posts as per the cycle of online engagement. Hence candidate should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the 20 choices available to him in each cycle.
However, only one post will be offered for each circle if he has applied for one or more posts in each circle.
- Applications submitted applications with incomplete /Incorrect data will also be rejected from consideration.
Candidate should select an appropriate board based on the year of pass and board of pass from the respective states which recognized the board.
- In case the candidate uploads wrong documents his Application Form will not be considered.
- The candidate will get SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection.
Final selection: WB Post Office GDS Jobs
The final selection will be based on satisfactory completion of verification of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates
- Departments of the Post office do not make any phone call to the candidate.
- Candidate can view his application status on the website of the post office by providing the registration number and mobile number until the results are announced.
- The merit order would be taken based on Date of Birth, ST Female Candidates, SC Female Candidates, OBC Female Candidates, EWS Female Candidate, UR Female Candidate, ST Male Candidate, SC Male Candidate, OBC Male Candidate, Economical Weaker Section (EWS) Male Candidate, Un-Reserved Male Candidate.
Application Process for WB Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020
How to Apply For West Bengal Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020?
To apply online for the Department of post office recruitment 2020, you can follow the following steps.
1: Visit official website @www.indiapost.gov.in
2: Click on “New Registration”.
3: Fill your basic details.
Candidates who want to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the website of post office through from 18-02-2020 to 18-03-2020 with the relevant documents to obtain the registration number :
- Name (as per 10th certificate in capital letter)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number (Unique for 1 registration number)
- Date of Birth
- PH (Type of Disability and Percentage of Disability)
- Mention State in which 10th Passed
- Board in which 10th Passed
- Year of Passing 10th
- 10th Class Certificate Number /Roll Number (Optional)
4: After that, you received a Registration number and Password.
5: Fill your online application form carefully.
6: Click Save and next button.
7: Click the Final Submit Button. ( After Final submit, you will not make any changes).
8: Upload your Photo and Signature
9: Pay Application Fee
10: Print Application Form for future use.
Promotion chances after finally Selected as GDS
As almost every job in this world has promotion chances, to get into the next level at the carrier. Yes!, the Gramin dak Sevak GDS also has promotion chances to get into the next level of their carrier. The furthermore details are as follows,
There are 3 types of GDS promotion exams.
- GDS to Postman promotion exam.
- Gramin dak Sevak to Multi Tasking Staff Promotion exam.
- GDS to Postal Assistant Promotion exam.
List of Documents Required
You can check the given table for the complete list of documents required in w.b post office recruitment 2020.
|Document Type||File Format||File Size|
|SSC Mark Sheet /SSC Mark Memo /SSC certificate –having marks /grades/points||.jpg/.jpeg||200 kb|
|DOB Proof||.jpg/.jpeg||200 kb|
|Memo I (for candidate not qualified in single attempt)||.jpg/.jpeg||200 kb|
|Additional SSC Mark Sheet /Memo II (for candidate not qualified in single attempt having more than 02 marks memo)||.jpg/.jpeg||600kb|
|Community Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200 kb|
|Photograph||50 kb(200X230 pixels)|
|Disability Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200 kb|
| India Post West Bengal Circle Helpline Details |
Help desk Number: 033-22120578
Email IDs: [email protected],
CHECK post office cut off marks, post office recruitment exam pattern, post office exam dates, post office results on our website. Keep following our website for the latest fresher and Government Jobs.
Candidates can share their inquiries regarding any Sarkari Naukri post. Our experts will solve your queries as soon as possible.
All The Best and Stay tuned for upcoming news !!
Last Updated: July 7,2020 12:00:28 AM