Census 2021: GA For All Exams: The next Census of India, also the 16th Census of India, taken in 2021. The 15th Indian Census, taken in 2011. This was to estimate the population of India based on Socio-Economic and Caste Status in India for the first time since 1931.
In September 2018, the Home Minister, Rajnath Singh, announced that the 2021 census will have(OBC) Other Backward Class data, for the 1st time since the 1931 census.
The Govt. of India GOI had planned to conduct the 2021 Census in 2 phases.
- The 1st phase is in April-September 2020-21.
- The 2nd phase is in February 2021.
The updation of NPR is postponed due to the spread of COVID-19. The Updation of NPR is conducted along with Census 2021.
Note: The only state that kept out of the NPR process is Assam. The updation of the register for the state of Assam is under the National Register of Citizens.
- 1 Census 2021: Cereals eaten, transgender run houses
- 2 Questions asked during Census 2021?
- 3 All about Census 2011
- 4 Which state has the highest literacy rate in India 2020?
- 5 What is the literacy rate in India in 2020?
- 6 Which is the first literate state in India?
- 7 What is the richest state in India?
- 8 Who is called literate in India?
- 9 Which is the poorest state of India in 2020?
- 10 When is International’s literacy day 2020?
- 11 When is National Education Day 2020?
- 12 Who is the first Shiksha Mantri of India?
- 13 Who is India’s Education Minister in 2020?
- 14 How is literacy defined?
Census 2021: Cereals eaten, transgender run houses
For the 1st time,
- This Census will collect data of transgenders.
- The Census 2021 is to ask 31 questions to the citizens.
- The information about households run by transgender collected.
- The Census 2021 conducted through a mobile phone application.
Questions asked during Census 2021?
In the Census 2021, the questions asked to the Indian citizens are as follows:
- Questions 1-5 are related to
- building numbers,
- floor material of the house,
- house no.,
- wall and roof of the houses,
- condition of the census house
- and the use of census houses.
- Questions 6 and 7 are about the total number of people normally residing, household no.
- The other questions include
- ownership status of the house,
- caste details,
- access to a latrine,
- LPG connection,
- drinking water availability,
- the main source of lighting,
- type of latrine,
- wastewater outlet,
- main cereal consumed, etc.
All about Census 2011
- THIS WAS THE 15TH CENSUS OF INDIA AND 7TH AFTER INDEPENDENCE
- 1ST PARTIAL CENSUS of India PERFORMED IN 1872 by whom? BY LORD MAYO
- 1ST SCHEDULED AND OFFICIAL CENSUS PERFORMED IN INDIA BY LORD RIPPIN IN 1881
- 1ST CENSUS COMMISSIONER OF INDIA WAS HENRY FLOWDEN
- 2011 REGISTRAR GENERAL AND CENSUS COMMISSIONER OF INDIA- C. CHANDRA MAULI
- THE SLOGAN OF 2011 CENSUS- “OUR CENSUS, OUR FUTURE”
- TOTAL POPULATION OF INDIA, ACCORDING TO 2011, 212 CRORE
- AT PRESENT, THE TOTAL POPULATION OF INDIA, ACCORDING TO 2020- 1,380,004,385 people
- The current population of India is 1,376,640,878 as of Tuesday, April 7, 2020. This is based on the “Worldometer elaboration” of the latest United Nations data.
- INDIA’S RANK IN POPULATION- SECOND WITH 1,376,640,878 as of April 7, 2020.
- MOST POPULARSIT STATE OF INDIA- UTTAR PRADESH
- LEAST POPULARSIT STATE OF INDIA- SIKKIM
- MOST LITERATE STATE IN INDIA- KERALA
- LEAST LITERATE STATE IN INDIA- BIHAR
- MOST LITERATE UT– LAKSHADWEEP
- LEAST LITERATE UT- DADAR AND NAGAR HAVELI
- AT PRESENT, MOST LITERATE STATE IN INDIA- KERALA
- LITERACY RATE IN INDIA- 74.04%
- MALE LITERACY RATE OF INDIA- 82.14%
- FEMALE LITERACY RATE OF INDIA– 65.46%
- THE NATIONAL SEX RATIO OF INDIA– 940/1000
- HIGHEST SEX RATIO STATE- KERALA (1084/1000)
- LEAST SEX RATIO STATE- HARYANA (879/1000)
- HIGHEST SEX RATIO UT- PONDUCHERRY (1038/1000)
- LEAST SEX RATIO UT- DAMAN AND DIU (661/1000)
- TOTAL NO. OF DISTRICTS- 640
- THE TOTAL POPULATION GROWTH RATE IN INDIA- 17.64%
Bookmark our Website for all latest GA Updates, Exam Updates.
Last Updated: July 7,2020 12:00:28 AM
Which state has the highest literacy rate in India 2020?
The Literacy rate of India is 74.04%.
Kerala is the most literate state in India, with 93.91% literacy.
What is the literacy rate in India in 2020?
703,840,109 persons or 72.14% of the adult population (aged 15 years and above) in India are able to read and write.
About 271,804,570 adults are illiterate.
Literacy rate for adult male population is 80.95% (405,669,949 persons). 95,491,256 are illiterate.
Literacy rate for adult female population is 62.84% (298,170,160 persons). 176,313,314 are illiterate.
Source: The estimation data for “Indian population literacy” is based on the latest data published by the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (retrieved March 13, 2016).
Which is the first literate state in India?
Kerala is the first Literate state in India.
What is the richest state in India?
Maharashtra is located in the west-central part of India. It is the richest state in India with a grossing GDP of 25.35 lakh crore.
Who is called literate in India?
A person aged seven years or more than seven years who can read and write with complete understanding in any language is called a literate person.
Which is the poorest state of India in 2020?
Chhattisgarh is the poorest state of India in 2020.
When is International’s literacy day 2020?
8 September, 8 September was declared as International literacy day by UNESCO on 26 October 1966.
When is National Education Day 2020?
11 November has been celebrated as National Education Day since 2008.
Who is the first Shiksha Mantri of India?
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. His Full name was Maulana Sayyid Abul Kalam Ghulam Muhiyuddin Ahmed bin Khairuddin Al-Hussaini Azad
Who is India’s Education Minister in 2020?
The current Indian Education minister is Ramesh Pokhriyal.
How is literacy defined?
Literacy is the ability to read and write. A person who is seven years or more than seven years who can read and write with complete understanding in any language is called a literate person.