Holi 2020: Holi March 10, 2020, is a Hindu festival that takes place every spring. Holi welcomes the Season of spring and celebrates, end of winter. The Holi festival falls on Purnima, a day of the full moon. It’s a two-day holiday; the day of the March full moon is Holika Dahan. That’s when a bonfire is lit for prayer. The bonfire is meant to burn away all the bad and evil from our life.
- 1 Holi 2020
- 2 History & ritual behind Holi Celebration Reason
- 3 Story Behind Holika Dahan Holi Celebration reason
- 4 Regional Names of Holi
- 5 Holi Festival 2020/ Holi Festival in Different Places
- 6 Holi Recipes
- 7 Holi 2020: Important Safety Measures that everyone should take to make Holi a Safe Festival
- 8 Colour Festival 2020 Holi Message
Bura Na Maano Holi Hai
The festival is celebrated on Phalgun Purnima& greet each by rubbing on each other’s face with colors.
When is Holi Celebration Festival
Tuesday, March 10,2020
The theme for the Holi Celebration in India
Themes of Holi is the triumph of good over evil.
History & ritual behind Holi Celebration Reason
The Festival of Holi actually begins a day before Dhulhandi, when People light a bonfire and indulge in singing & Dancing around the fire.
There are plenty of legends associated with the festival, but the most popular is “HOLIKA DAHAN”.
Story Behind Holika Dahan Holi Celebration reason
Prahlada, son of demon Hiranyakashyapu was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu. He disobeyed the order of his father not to offer prayers to the Lord Visnu. To teach lessons to his son, Hirnyakashyapu called his sister, Holika to kill Prahlada. Holika sat on fire with Praladha, but to the amazement of the king, the fire burnt Holika & Prahlada remained unaffected.
The other story for Holi Celebration reason often associated with Holi is the story of Krishna and Radha. Krishna’s skin turned blue as a baby when he drank poisonous milk from a demon, according to a Hindu story. Krishna loves Radha but was worried that Radha would not feel the same way because of his skin. Krishna applies color to Radha’s skin, and they became a grateful couple. so on Holi, we apply color to each other’s skin.
Regional Names of Holi
- Duland Holi
- Basant Utsav
- Dol Purnima
- Lathmaar Holi
- Hola Mohalla
- Kaman Pandigai
- Phagu Purnima
Holi Festival 2020/ Holi Festival in Different Places
Holi 2020 begins on Monday, March 09, and ends on Tuesday, March 10. Holika Dahan is on the 9th when the customary puja and bonfire are held. And then the festival of colors will come out in full force on the 10th. That’s the day filled with color throwing, water gun spraying, and dancing in the streets.
Holi Celebration in Various Parts of India
The Spirituality of Holi is just beyond the Imaginations. It is quite difficult to express the Holi Festival in words. This festival is celebrated with different traditions& different names of Holi in various parts of India.
Holi in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
Holi celebrations in Mathura city; ‘Latthmaar’ Holi where the women playfully hit them with the sticks(danda). The holy is mainly played in the Temple of Radha Rani in Barsana town, considered to be the birthplace of Radha Rani.
Holi in Bengal
In West Bengal, Holi has various names Dol Purnima, Dol Jatra, and Swing Festival. People in Holi Festival, welcome the spring season by playing colors and distributing sweets. Boys and Girlswear yellow-colored dresses and flower garlands. They sing and dance by playing various musical instruments. Krishna and Radha are beautifully decorated and taken yatra around the various parts of West Bengal. During the yatra, people keep spraying & Playing the colors.
Holi in Vrindavan
People from the various parts of the world Mathura – Vrindavan to celebrate the festival of Holi in the land of Lord Krishna. People dress as Krishna, Radha, and Gopi. The Holi celebrations in Mathura – Vrindavan continue for a week.
Holi in Rajasthan
In Rajasthan, the festival of Holi is played in a similar fashion just like any other part of India. A huge bonfire is burnt and people gather around it singing various songs, dancing, and relishing scrumptious food items. The next day in the morning, people throw colors (gulal and kumkum) on each other bodies and greet the people.
Holi Around the World
Holi knows no bars. Also, Holi knows no boundaries too. Across the world, Holi is celebrated with light a bonfire called Holika and celebrate the Holi function, the victory of good over evil. Just as in India, people settled across the world meet friends and exchange sweets and greetings. of course, the revelry is no less when it comes to colors.
Holi in Australia
This one day of Holi 10, March 2020 in the whole-time Span of 1 year has the power to fill colour in your life.
Holi in USA
Holi in America is celebrated with gaiety and a lot of fun in this country. Most societies and religious organizations celebrate& help people to celebrate the Holi festival. Holi programs &meets are also organized by them to mark the occasion of the Holi function festival. Children understand the significance of the festival of color Holi & know about the legends associated with them.
Holi in Singapore
Rang Barsey is the most famous festival for the Holi celebration in Singapore. The festival of color Holi is celebrated in the country in an extravagant way. In this event, persons come from different places to be a part of the celebration. The event has a musician who plays Holi Songs and Music to create an ambiance at the party.
Holi in Nepal
Holi is celebrated with great pomp in Nepal. Festival Holi Celebratesfor one week in which the people of Nepal get drenched in the coloured water. Families and friends get together and celebrate the Holi Function occasion with a lot of fun & pranks.
All over the streets people throwing colors and water balloons called ‘Lolas’.Though play of colors on the first day of Holi Festival 2020 a ceremonial pole called, ‘Chir‘ is installed. Chir is a bamboo pole fringed strips of clothes representing good luck charms. At the end day of the festivities, chir is taken to a bonfire.
The legend behind the installation of chir. Krishna just loved to pray pranks& play with the Gopies. Once Krishna plays with Gopies doused them in the coloured water and stole gopie’s clothes while they were bathing in the water of river Yamuna. Naughty Krishna then hung their clothes on a tree, Chir symbolizes that tree.
Bhang for Holi 2020
Here is Bhang Recipe to help you enjoy the Festival of Holi 2020!!
|4 Cups||Warm Milk|
|2 Tablespoon||Blanched & Chopped Almonds|
|1/8 Teaspoon||Garam Masala|
|1 /4 Teaspoon||Powdered Ginger|
|1/ 2 to 1 Teaspoon||Rosewater|
How to make Bhang?
- Bring the Boil water and pour it into a teapot.
- Remove any seeds or twigs from marijuana, add them to the pot, and cover.
- Let this brew for about 10 minutes.
- Now strain the water and marijuana through into a piece of cloth, collect the water and save.
- Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze to extract the liquid that remains.
- Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add two teaspoons of milk.
- Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together.
- Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can.
- Repeat the process until you have used about a half cup of milk.
- Collect all the milk and place it in a bowl.
- By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass.
- Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk.
- Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed.
- Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before.
- Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal.
- Discard the residue.
- Combine all the liquids, including the water the marijuana is brewed in.
- Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger, and rosewater.
- Add the sugar and remaining milk.
Holi 2020: Important Safety Measures that everyone should take to make Holi a Safe Festival
You take certain Precautions to make safer Holi Festival:
- Use Cap, Hat, or anything to protect your hair.
- Use a sunglass to protect your eyes.
- Put the worst gears so that you won’t have to take hassles of washing.
- Try to save yourself from all possible attacks on the face.
- Oil your hair well, so that color doesn’t stick on your hair and can be washed off easily later.
- Make sure that your face is well creamed before playing a festival of colour Holi 2020.
- If you are prone to skin allergies, avoid playing with colour altogether, go to a Skin Specialist Doctor.
Colour Festival 2020 Holi Message
“Rango Ke Tyohar Mein Sabhi Rango ki Bharmar,
Dher Sari Khusiyon se Bhara ho Aapka Sansar,
Yahi Dua hai Bhagwan Se Hmari har bar,
Holi Mubarak ho mere yar…..”
“May God gift you all the colours of life, colours of joy,
colours of happiness, colours of friendship,
colours of love and all the other colours you want to paint your life in.
Our Team of www.jobssearch247.com wishing you the Festival of colors HOLI.Happy Holi…
You can all latest jobs by Clicking here
Have a Colorful Holi 2020😊