Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme: If you are aspiring to sit for any Govt exam this year, you need to start preparing right now.
As you know the competition is really very tough. So you need to prepare in a proper manner in order to succeed in Exams.
Before Preparing for any exam, it is important to know which type of exam you are preparing for. You should have complete knowledge about the Question pattern and the Selection Procedure.
General Awareness Section is one of the most important topics for all competitive exams. So start preparing right now and leads ahead of millions of students.
In this article, we are covering the Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme. It is one of the most important topics for exams.
In this article, we are covering the Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme It is one of the most important topics for exams.
We have also provided a pdf of Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme for the candidate’s reference.
So candidates can download our list for their preparation to score more marks in Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme related questions. Candidates can read more Free study material on our website.
The PDF download link for Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme is given below.
- 1 IMPORTANT DAYS OF FEBRUARY 2020 AND THEME
- 2 What is cancer?
- 3 What Causes Cancer or why does cancer develop?
- 4 How people can help themselves from cancer?
- 4.1 6TH FEB 2020: INTERNATIONAL DAY OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- 4.2 10TH FEB 2020: NATIONAL DEWORMING DAY
- 4.3 10TH FEB 2020: WORLD PULSES DAY
- 4.4 11TH FEB 2020: International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 4.5 12th FEB 2020: National Productivity Council(NPC) Day
- 4.6 13TH FEB 2020: WORLD RADIO DAY
- 4.7 13TH FEB 2020: National Women’s Day
- 4.8 13TH FEB 2020: World Pangolin Day
- 4.9 14TH FEB 2020: Matru-Pitru Divas PARENT’S DAY (INTRODUCE BY CHHATTISGARH GOVT.)
- 4.10 20TH FEB 2020: WORLD DAY OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
- 4.11 20TH FEB 2020: 70th National Democracy Day
- 4.12 20TH FEB 2020: Arunachal Pradesh & Mizoram Statehood Day
- 4.13 21ST FEB 2020: INTERNATIONAL MOTHER LANGUAGE DAY
- 4.14 21ST FEB 2020: Matribhasha Diwas
- 4.15 24TH FEB 2020: CENTRAL EXCISE DAY
- 4.16 28TH FEB 2020: NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY
IMPORTANT DAYS OF FEBRUARY 2020 AND THEME
1ST FEB 2020: INDIAN COAST GUARD DAY
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is an armed Force of India which Enforces Maritime Law and Protects Maritime Interests.
- It was established on 18 August 1978 as an Independent Armed Force of India.
- The Coast Guard works in close cooperation with the Indian Navy, Revenue Department, Central and State Police Departments and Fisheries Department.
- Indian Coastline with 7516.60 km surrounds the coast of Various States.
- The Indian Coast Guard can Serve up to 60 Years of age.
- It is also the duty of Indian coast guards to Investigate Foreign Fisherman Fishing in the water.
- Every member of Indian Coast guard gets a chance to visit some foreign countries during his service.
2ND FEB 2020: WORLD WETLAND DAY
THEME 2020 -Wetlands and Biodiversity
- Worlds Wetlands day is every year on 2nd February. It is to mark the adoption of the Convention on wetlands on 2nd February 1971.
- World wetlands day was celebrated the first time in 1997.
- It is to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for the planet and humanity.
- Since 1997, the Ramsar website has posted reports about 100 countries of their WWD activities.
- Since 2015, a youth Photo contest was started which is a month-long. It was introduced as a new approach to involve young people in WWD. People between 15-24 can take a picture of a certain wetland and upload it to the WWD website between the months of February and March.
4TH FEB 2020: WORLD CANCER DAY
THEME 2020-I Am and I Will
- In 1933, World Cancer Day celebration was planned in the Geneva, Switzerland under the direction of UICC (Union for International Cancer Control)
- 4th February is for raising cancer awareness among people.
- It is establish to teach People about a healthy diet, regular and proper physical activities.
- The leading health organizations, as well as nongovernmental organizations, take part by organizing the camps, rallies, lectures, seminars and awareness programs, etc.
What is cancer?
Cancer is a collection of diseases in which uncontrolled cell growth begins because billions of cells form. As we know, human cells grow and form new cells according to the body’s requirements. And when the cells become old or damaged, they die and new cells take their place. But this does not happen in cancer. These additional cells divide and divide and turn into tumors.
What Causes Cancer or why does cancer develop?
As we know that there are many types of cancer and the reasons for developing it also vary. If you are taking medicines for a serious illness, then you may get cancer due to the side effects of these medicines, but there are some other reasons as well –
i. Smokingii. Overweightiii. Non-nutritious dietiv. Chewing tobaccov. Not exercising … etc.
Symptoms of cancer are:-
i. Sore throat
ii. Frequent coughing
iii. Difficulty swallowing while eating
iv. Any uncontrolled lump in the body
v. Water or blood flow from any part of the body
vi. Growth of sesame increases and its color changes
vii. No long term recovery of any wound
viii. loss of appetite
ix. Lose or gain weight without any reason
x. Feeling tired or lethargic all the time
xi. Difficulty or painful urination … etc.
It will not be wrong to say that awareness is the biggest thing to avoid a serious disease like cancer and to avoid cancer, for this it is also necessary to have a healthy lifestyle and food.
World Cancer Day is a unique initiative under which everyone can join in the fight against the global cancer epidemic. It happens every year on February 4.
How people can help themselves from cancer?
Choose healthy lifestyle choices, including avoiding using tobacco products, doing a lot of physical activity, eating a healthy diet, limiting alcohol and staying safe in the sun.
Learn about the early signs and symptoms of cancer and guidelines for cancer detection because the detection of cancer often becomes easier to treat.
Share stories about your own cancer experiences, communicate with decision-makers and join support groups to create positive change for all cancer patients.
Whenever possible, use cancer treatment activities and other daily activities as an opportunity to maintain normal, timely, lasting, social communication.
6TH FEB 2020: INTERNATIONAL DAY OF ZERO TOLERANCE FOR FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
THEME 2020– Unleashing Youth Power: One decade of accelerating actions for zero female genital mutilation”.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is on 6 February every year.
- It creates awareness about FGM female genital mutilation, which is a violation of the human rights of girls and women.
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM): FGM is the practice of partial or total removal of external female genital organs or other injuries to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
- It mainly causes problems including severe bleeding, urinating problems, infections, and other complications in childbirth.
The practice is mainly in North-Eastern, Eastern and Western parts of Africa.
10TH FEB 2020: NATIONAL DEWORMING DAY
Children and adolescents in the age group of 1 to 19 years are given a single dose of a safe medicine Albendazole in all states and Union Territories.
- National Deworming Day is on 10th February every year.
- National Deworming Day is to spread awareness about the prevention of problems related to the digestive system in children.
- Street food is the main cause of digestive system infection.
- The main objective of this campaign is to work for health as well as provide them better health.
- According to the World Health Organization, more than 22 crore children in India have suffered from stomach disease.
10TH FEB 2020: WORLD PULSES DAY
To recognize the importance of Pulses(chickpeas, dry beans, lentils, dry peas and lupins among others) as a global food
- On Dec 20, 2013, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming 2016 as the International Year of Pulses (IYP).
- This was led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- This was led to increasing public awareness of the nutritional benefits of pulses among people.
- Burkina Faso proposed the observance of World Pulses Day, after the success of the International Year of Pulses (2016).
- It is proposed to recognize the benefits of Pulses and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- In 2019, the General Assembly proclaimed 10 February as the World Pulses Day
11TH FEB 2020: International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- To recognize the critical role of women and girls play in Science and Technology
12th FEB 2020: National Productivity Council(NPC) Day
- To Promote productivity culture in India.
13TH FEB 2020: WORLD RADIO DAY
THEME 2020-Radio and Diversity
- UNESCO has started celebrating WRD(World Radio Day) to highlight the importance of radio.
- UNESCO first started celebrating Radio Day globally on February 13, 2012.
- WRD highlights the unique power of radio which connects lives and brings people together from across the globe.
- Radio was first introduced by Madras Presidency Club in 1924 in India.
- In 1927, Bombay merchants started the Indian Broadcasting Company in Calcutta & Bombay. It also stopped radio broadcasting in 1930.
13TH FEB 2020: National Women’s Day
- The Day is to honor the work and contribution of Sarojini Naidu.
- Sarojini Naidu was India’s first women governor and also famous as ‘Bharat Kokila’.
- Sarojini Naidu was born on February 13, 1879.
- She actively participated in the Indian National Movement for the independence of the country.
13TH FEB 2020: World Pangolin Day
- This day raises awareness about pangolin species and mobilizers various stakeholders to speed up conservation efforts.
14TH FEB 2020: Matru-Pitru Divas PARENT’S DAY (INTRODUCE BY CHHATTISGARH GOVT.)
- Parent’s Day also called Matra Pitra Pujan Divas is a festival initiated by jailed saint Asharam.
- On this day, children worship their parents and seek blessings from them.
20TH FEB 2020: WORLD DAY OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
- The international Labour Organisation adopted the ILO Declaration on Social Justice on 10 June 2008.
20TH FEB 2020: 70th National Democracy Day
- Every Year Falgun 7 of the Nepali calendar is the National Democracy Day in Nepal.
20TH FEB 2020: Arunachal Pradesh & Mizoram Statehood Day
- Mizoram was declared as a state in 1972.
21ST FEB 2020: INTERNATIONAL MOTHER LANGUAGE DAY
THEME 2020-Languages without Borders
UNESCO organise several events every year on this day and also encourage people to maintain their knowledge of their mother language and learn the use of more than one language.
21ST FEB 2020: Matribhasha Diwas
THEME 2020-Celebrating our Multilingual Heritage
24TH FEB 2020: CENTRAL EXCISE DAY
THEME 2020-To honour the officers associated with CBEC and their Services.
Central Excise Day is on February 24 across India to encourage the employees of the excise department to carry out the central excise duty all over India in a better way.
28TH FEB 2020: NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY
THEME 2020- “Women in Science”.
This day marks the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist (C V Raman) Sir Chandra Shekhar Venkata Raman.
In 1986, the GOI declared Feb 28 as National Science Day.
- It aims at spreading the message about the importance of science in our daily life, efforts & achievements in the field of science for human welfare.
If you like this Article on Important Days Of February 2020 with Theme, Please Bookmark our page by pressing (ctrl+D).
Keep following www.jobssearch247.com for regular free jobs alert.
You can also subscribe to our Email Subscription service for daily exam-related updates.
Last Updated: July 7,2020 12:00:28 AM