PNB Sahyog COVID-19 Scheme: PNB Punjab National Bank is one of India’s largest nationalized banks owned by the Government of India.PNB offers services industrial, agricultural, export finance, international banking, etc. The bank provides a wide range of financial and banking services including credit card, debit card, saving account, current account, loans, etc.
PNB was established on 12 April 1895, in Lahore, more than 50 years before the country was partitioned into India and Pakistan in 1947. In India, Punjab National Bank PNB is the 2nd largest Public Sector Bank
Type: Public Sector Bank
Owner: Government of India GOI
Industry: Banking and Financial Services
Founded: 1894 (126 years ago)
Founder: Dyal Singh Majitha, Lala Lajpat Rai
Chairman of PNB: Sunil Mehta
MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- 1 Milestone of PNB History
- 2 Amalgamation of Punjab National Bank
- 3 Subsidiaries of PNB
- 4 PNB SAHPNB Sahyog COVID-19 Scheme
- 5 PNB Loan Schemes 2020 For Women
- 6 PNB Products and Services
- 6.1 Agricultural Banking
- 6.2 Corporate Banking
- 6.3 Financial Services
- 6.4 International or NRI Banking
- 6.5 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Banking
- 6.6 Personal Banking
- 6.7 Fixed Deposits
- 6.8 Loan
- 6.9 Account, Deposit
- 6.10 Social Banking
- 6.11 Other Online Services
- 6.12 PNB home loan
- 6.13 PNB Head Office Address and Contact Details
- 6.14 PNB Online Bank Website
- 6.15 Punjab National Bank Customer Care No.
- 7 PNB FAQ
- 8 Which Bank will merge with PNB?
- 9 Is PNB a Government Bank?
- 10 Why Banks are Merging?
- 11 What is the minimum balance in PNB bank Account?
- 12 What happens if minimum balance is not maintained in PNB?
Milestone of PNB History
- PNB regulates by the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 and Banking regulation act 1949.
- Punjab National Bank was registered in 1894 under the Indian Companies act.
- The Bank opened for business in 1895.
- PNB’s founder included several leaders such as Lala Harkishan Lal, Dyal Singh majithia, Lala lal chand, etc was actively associated with the management of the bank in India.
- In 1904 PNB established branches in Karachi and Peshawar.
- Partition of Indi and Pakistan at independence PNB lost its premises in Lahore but continued operating in Pakistan.
- The Government of India nationalized PNB and 13 other banks in 1969.
- PNB opened its international branch in London.
Amalgamation of Punjab National Bank
In August 2019, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of Bank would be merged with Punjab National Bank and the Union Cabinet approved the merger in 2020. The Merger would make Punjab National Bank the second largest public sector bank.
Subsidiaries of PNB
The Subsidiaries of PNB are as follows:
- PNB Housing Finance Ltd.
- PNB Metlife Finance Ltd.
- Investments Services Ltd.
- PNB International Ltd.
- PNB Gilts Ltd.
PNB SAHPNB Sahyog COVID-19 Scheme
Personal Loan Scheme(PNB Sahyog COVID-19 Scheme)
- PNB SAHYOG COVID-19 provides financial services so they can meet medical and other essential needs.
- The PNB SAHYOG Scheme is available till 30/06/2020
Eligible Applicants for PNB Sahyog COVID-19 Scheme
- Salaried permanent or confirmed employees of Central/State Govt./PSUs
- reputed organizations or institutions including schools and colleges, autonomous bodies/ nursing homes/ hospitals who are drawing their salary through accounts in PNB
- Existing housing loan borrower of PNB with up to date payments as of 15.03.2020.
Rate of Interest: RLLR (7.05%) + 1.00% = 8.05%
Repayment Period: Up to 36 months
Loan Quantum: Up to Rs. 3 lakh
Maximum Age of the Applicant: 60 years
PNB Toll-free numbers: 1800-180-2222 or 1800-103-2222.
PNB E-mail ID: [email protected]
PNB Loan Schemes 2020 For Women
- PNB MAHILA UDYAM NIDHI SCHEME
- PNB MAHILA Samridhi Yojna
- Scheme For Financing Creches
- PNB Mahila Sashaktikaran Abhiyan
PNB Products and Services
- Farmers Welfare Central Sector Schemes
- Credit Schemes
- P. N. B. Krishi
- Cash Management
- Exim Finance
- Exporters’ Gold Card Scheme
- A loan backed by Future Lease Rentals
- Life Insurance
- Merchant Banking
- Mutual Fund
- Non-life Insurance
- Online Trading
- Real Estate Investments
- Retirement Planning Scheme
- Tax Planning Scheme
International or NRI Banking
- Gold Loan Scheme
- F. C. N. R. (B) Account
- Foreign Inward Transfers
- Letter of Guarantee
- Non-resident Deposit Schemes
- N. R. E. Account
- N. R. O. Account
- P. N. B. – N. R. I. Remit Scheme
- R. F. C. Account
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Banking
- Artisan Credit Card Scheme
- Garage Yojana
- Gramin Chikitsak Scheme
- Kushal Udyami
- Laghu Udyami Credit Card
- Pragati Udyami Scheme
- Sahayog Scheme
- Sarthak Udyami Scheme
- Vikas Udyami Scheme
- T. M. Card
- Balika Shiksha
- Bal Vikas
- Current Account (Smart banking)
- Combo Deposit Scheme
- Credit Card (Global)
- Debit Card
- Dugan Deposit Scheme
- For 555 days,
- 777 days,
- 1000 days,
- 1111 days
- and victims of road accidents
- property mortgage
- for pensioners
- Prudent Sweep
- Mitra S. F. Account
- Recurring Deposit
- Salary Account (Total freedom)
- Term Deposits
- Vidyarthi S. F. Account
- World Travel Card
- For women a special scheme
- For weaker section scheme
- Pensioners’ Overdraft Facility Scheme
- Rakshak Scheme
- Shikshak Overdraft Scheme
- Shikshak Sweep Scheme
Other Online Services
- A. S. B. A. (Application Supported by Blocked Amount)
- Bill Payments
- E-Tax Payments
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Money Transfer
- P. N. B. Credit Card (Global)
- Security Alerts
- Share Trading
PNB home loan
- Construction of house.
- Modifications of the residential house.
PNB Head Office Address and Contact Details
7, Bhikhaiji Cama Place
New Delhi – 110 066, India.
Tel.: + 91 – 011 – 26196487/ 26102303
E-mail: [email protected]
PNB Online Bank Website
The PNB Online Bank Website is: Official website
Punjab National Bank Customer Care No.
The Punjab National Bank Customer Care No. is: 1800 180 2222
Last Updated: July 31,2020 12:00:28 AM
Which Bank will merge with PNB?
United Bank of India(UBI) and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
Is PNB a Government Bank?
Punjab National bank is a PSU working under the Central Government of India regulated by Reserve Bank of India RBI Act 1934 and Banking Regulation Act 1949.
Why Banks are Merging?
Mergers seek to improve income from services.
What is the minimum balance in PNB bank Account?
Rs. 500 for Rural areas and Rs.1000 for urban areas.
What happens if minimum balance is not maintained in PNB?
Bank will start deducting charges as per bank rules.