UPSC CDS Syllabus pdf 2020: Union Public Service Commission UPSC released the cds notification for Combined Defence Services Exam II 2020. The Union Public Service Commission UPSC is the responsible body for conducting the CDS Exams 2020. Combined Defence Services is conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of commissioned officers in the Indian Army, Navy, & Air Force.
In this article, candidates will get complete details about UPSC CDS recruitment 2020, Application Dates, cds notification, Application fees, CDS Eligibility Criteria, Total number of vacancies, Important Links, etc. For the queries or any doubt regarding CDS, you can comment on us via the comment form given below.
The CDS combined defence service exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates in Indian Military Academy (Dehradun), Officers Training Academy (Chennai), and Indian Navy Academy (Ezhimala) & Indian Air Force (Hyderabad). CDS exam conduct twice a year in February and September. Candidates who want to join defence services can apply & to apply candidates should meet the eligibility criteria. The selection of the applicant in the CDS exam will be based on a written exam & Interview.
Latest Updates: Union Public Service Commission released the UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2020 and CDS II Exam Date which is held on 08/November/2020
UPSC CDS 2020 Notification Details
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Service Exam CDS|
|Organizing Body||Union Public Service Exam|
|Application Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Procedure||Written Exam & Interview|
CDS II Exam Dates 2020
The CDS II Exam Dates 2020 are given below:
|Last date to apply||25/August/2020|
|Fee Payment last date||25/August/2020|
|Online application withdrew date||01 to 07/September/2020|
|UPSC CDS II Exam Date||08/November/2020|
|Result date||December 2020|
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2020
The UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2020 are as follows:
- Written Examination
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test
- Merit List
CDS II IMA, INA, and Air force have written exam pattern –
|General knowledge||100||100||2 hours|
|English Language||100||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Math||100||100||2 hours|
CDS Officers’ Training Academy written exam pattern –
|General knowledge||100||100||2 hours|
|English Language||100||100||2 hours|
Standard of UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020
The standard of CDS Elementary Mathematics subject will be of Matriculation level and in other subjects will be of graduate level.
UPSC CDS Syllabus pdf 2020
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for English Language (Code No. 01)
The English question paper tests the candidates’ English understanding & workmanlike word use.
- Spotting Errors Questions
- Sentence Arrangement Questions
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Selecting Words
- Ordering of Sentence
- Comprehension Questions
- Ordering of words in a sentence
- Fill in the blanks questions
- Idioms and Phrases
Books for CDS Preparation: English
- Arihant Publication- Objective General English
- RS Aggarwal – Objective General English
- Word Power Made Easy Norman Lewis
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for General knowledge (Code No. 02)
General knowledge including knowledge of current events, and such matters of everyday observation & scientific aspects experience as may be expected of an educated person who has not any scientific knowledge, the paper will also include questions of history and geography of India.
- Current Affairs
- Defence related Award
Books for CDS General Knowledge
- 14000 + Objective Questions
- 10000+ Objective MCQs with Explanatory Notes for General Studies
- Pathfinder CDS Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination 2020+General Knowledge 2021
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Elementary Mathematics (Code No. 03)
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Arithmetic
- Number System
- Natural numbers,
- Rational and Real numbers.
- Fundamental operations,
- Square roots,
- Decimal fractions.
- Unitary method,
- time and distance,
- time and work,
- applications to simple and compound interest,
- profit and loss,
- ratio and proportion,
- Elementary Number Theory
- Division algorithm.
- Prime and composite numbers.
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 11.
- Multiples and factors.
- Factorization Theorem.
- H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm.
- Logarithms to base 10,
- laws of logarithms,
- Use of logarithmic tables.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Mathematics Algebra
- Basic Operations,
- simple factors,
- Remainder Theorem,
- H.C.F., L.C.M.,
- Theory of polynomials,
- solutions of quadratic equations,
- The relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—
- Analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions.
- Set language and set notation,
- Rational expressions,
- and conditional identities,
- Laws of indices.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Trigonometry
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90°
- Values of sin ×, cos ×, and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Geometry
- Lines and angles,
- Plane and plane figures,
- Theorems on Properties of angles at a point,
- Parallel lines,
- Sides and angles of a triangle,
- Congruency of triangles,
- Similar triangles,
- The concurrence of medians and altitudes,
- Properties of angles,
- sides and diagonals of a parallelogram,
- rectangle and square,
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normal’s,
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Mensuration
- Areas of squares,
- Triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book).
- Surface area and volume of cuboids,
- lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders,
- Surface area and volume of spheres.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 for Statistics
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data,
- Graphical representation frequency polygons,
- bar charts,
- Pie charts etc.
- Measures of central tendency.
Best Books for Elementary Education – CDS Exam 2020
- Arihant Pathfinder
- Quantum CAT – Survesh Verma
- RS Aggarwal – Mathematics for CDS
- RS Aggarwal – Quantitative aptitude for examinations paperback 2018
SSB UPSC CDS Final Selection
The SSB consists of 2 stages selection procedure- Stage I and Stage II. Only those applicants who clear stage I examinations are permitted to appear for the stage 2 exam.
Stage I – Officer Intelligence Rating (OTR) Test
- Picture Perception
- Description Test
Stage II SSB Test
- Group Testing Officer tasks
- Psychology Test
- Physical test
Note: Refer the official website of SSB for detail information about JoinIndianArmy @www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 FAQs
When did the UPSC CDS II 2020-21 Notification release?
UPSC CDS II 2020-21 Notification 2020 released on05/08/2020 and the last date to apply is 25/08/2020.
Can girls apply for the UPSC CDS exam?
Yes., Girls can apply.
What is the salary offered to the selected candidates?
The cadets paid Rs. 56,000/- per month.
What is the stipend offered to the selected candidates?
During Training in OTA Stipend is Rs. 6000/- while in IMA, INA & Air force academics stipend is Rs. 12,000/-
What is education qualification eligibility for apply UPSC CDS 2020-21?
Candidate must have passed graduation.
How many attempts are permitted for the combined defence service exam?
You can subscribe to our website www.jobssearch247.com and bookmark our page using (Ctrl+D). By subscribing to our page, we assure you that none of the job alerts will get missed out.
I hope this detailed Information regarding Government Jobs 2020, SSB Recruitment 2020, UPSC Notification 2020, upsc cds syllabus, helps you achieve your aim. For any query related to the exams, drop a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.